Ziggy the Westie Pup

Ziggy the Westie Pup

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Hiya, there, world!


Hi there, all!  It's me, Ziggy.  Jamie took me on not one, but two walks today!  I have a habit, you see, of balking when she takes me on a walk.  I sit my little rump down on the cement (or grass, or dirt, or whatever) and refuse to move, at least not in the direction she wants to go.  Humans have the most boring sense of direction ever.  And then I get interested in everything else other than walking.  So much to sniff, sniff, sniff and put in my mouth.  My list of favored objects to sample:  stones, pebbles, sticks, grass, flowers... you name it, I like to eat it.

But it seems like the longer she walks me, the less interesting I find everything else, and the more interesting it becomes to, you know, walk.  Jamie, I know is delighted by my discovery of forward motion, because just last week, going around the block took twenty five minutes to half an hour.  Now we're actually able to do some decent walks.  She's crossing her fingers this behavior continues.

She's hoping one day I become a bona fide walking partner.

Well, of course I will!  I'm a Westie.  What else would I be? 


4 comments:

  1. Two walks....wow! We tend to do that 'anvil' thing when we find something we want to sniff and SHE wants to keep walking.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the anvil move down pat. We should patent it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to hot here today for me to go out and walk...last time I did I ended up sleeping for the rest of the day and missing all the fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Hoke. I went for another walk this morning; it's a lot cooler out there today.

      Delete